Monday, November 7, 2011

SNoW-WoNDER!

"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?"
-J.B. Priestly


"Snowflakes are kisses from heaven."
-Author Unknown


"When snow falls, nature listens."
- Antoinette Van Kleef



SHUFFLE in her snowman sweater
this morning WONDERING
about the SNOW on the deck! 


SHUFFLE proudly sporting her SNOWMAN sweater! 


Took down the pumpkins and replaced them with little snowmen
on my shelf in the kitchen between some pics.
These photos of the kids are old... now I need to update those, too!


Beau last night... searching for his POPPA
when they arrived for supper here. 


Mariah watching her Nutcracker Barbie movie
last night when she was here. 


My brother Brian feeding Beau ice cream,
and Poppa Brian looking on!
Beau had previously spilled water down his front
so we took his wet t-shirt off!

(my brother and Beau have really bonded this year!)


Doesn't matter how SNOWY it gets,
Mariah will always love her ice cream at Grammie's!

(she has to have it in the PINK Ice Cream dish!)


Mariah getting a little airplane ride from her daddy after supper. 


Beau wanting in on the fun and action, too! 


Ready to go back home in his cute little coat and hat!

He picked out a bag of Doritos from our leftover Halloween stuff,
and as long as he had one in each hand he was happy...
he is becoming such a little HAM!


Looking out our front window yesterday...
welcome to SNOW-VEMBER! 


Me with my friend from Broadway Cafe, Nichole.
She invited us to a surprise going away party
for her parents on Saturday night.

This morning as I sit down to write yet another blog entry ... I am sipping a cup of Vanilla flavored coffee from my red and white polka dot mug which says this inside...

"Life is what you make it"

My morning oatmeal happy heart tips
today said this...

"Simplify your life. Prioritize what matters most. Invest time in friendships."

While others were setting their clocks back this weekend, we stayed the same time.
However we did have a bit of a weather alteration this weekend, leaving us all in
SNOW WONDER!
I do believe winter has arrived on the prairies.

I actually don't mind the first snowfall as much as others do. It starts to get me excited for Christmas. My festive tunes (which I have been playing for the past week now), go better with snow outside, it seems!

I got out some little ornamental SNOWMAN
stuff yesterday, too, to go with
the change in the weather.

I have been going back through some of my past blogs the last while and re reading them. I think there have been many changes for me in this last year since I began blogging...and I must say I have sure enjoyed writing about them.
But the biggest changes have been in
BEAU'S appearance in his first year of life!

Once again I say THANKS to all who pop in from time to time to read my blog about the simple things in my life that turn it into
special for me...
Your reading my blog, makes it seem
even more special somehow!

Apparently when the kids woke up and saw snow yesterday, Jana said they were both in SNOW WONDER!
Mariah was excited about the thoughts of future snowmen making and Beau doesn't really remember snow from the last time he saw it... so he was fairly intrigued as well!

We had a delicious barbeque supper last night... even though it didn't really seem like BARBEQUE kind of weather!
We had my brother, Brian along with Jana, Nels and the kiddies over. As soon as the kids pulled up, Beau said "POPPA" as they stopped in front of our house! He may not recognize SNOW... but he sure knows where his "POPPA" lives!!!
Now I just have to get him to say
"GRAMMIE!"

Brian and I were invited to a nice surprise farewell party for friends who are moving to Regina in December. Our good friend, Nichole, threw the party to honor her parents,
Jim and Darlene.
They used to own the Broadway Cafe where we  often went for Sunday breakfasts.
It was nice to be included in their celebration and good to see them again.

Now we tend to go to Fuddrucker's on Sunday mornings and yesterday was no exception... we met friends Bob and Jacquie there for breakfast and another fun visit.

Today Brian took the day off and we will enjoy some time with Mariah this afternoon.
Maybe I'll even make a snowman with her...
we will see how that goes!

"Snowmen fall from heaven... unassembled."
-Author Unknown

So on that note... and quote...
here is my little poem of the day!

Instead of adjusting to which way
the clocks should go,
We woke up yesterday and had
to adjust to the SNOW!
The first snow white blanket had
spread itself around...
To try to add some sparkle to the
fall leaf covered ground.
And although it is the start of the
winter months to come,
I actually do not mind it, there are plus sides...
oh well... SOME!!!!!
I like the look of pretty snow as it falls lightly
through the air,
It makes me me think of CHRISTMAS,
I feel we'll soon be there!
SNOWMEN make me happy...
somehow they bring a SMILE...
I do not mind the snow at first,
for just a little while!
But as the months go on and on,
I'm ready for the spring,
And then for SNOW to melt again ,
that is the thing!
This is now SNOW-VEMBER...
it's when we have our SNOW,
To leave us in SNOW WONDER,
where ever we may go!




2 comments:

  1. Definitely a 'winter wonderland' type blog...and as usual I LOVE it. Your oatmeal 'quotes' are always good advise to start your day by!
    I loved the photos also. It's nice to see you out and about being your busy self! Your poem finishes it off quite nice I think...thank you for sharing your 'start up to Christmas' blog. Seeing the snow out your window has put me in the Christmas Spirit..Thank you my blog writing friend..( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I appreciate your comments here and on FB too everytime... you are so sweet!
    SNOW WONDER I love have you for my soul sisterfirend! :)

    ReplyDelete